Day 1: Personal Leadership Insights
Thursday, Nov 9, 2017 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Opening General Session – Bryan kicks of the BWLA with a high energy discussion around “What is a STRONG Leader.” This will set the foundation that you will build from for the remainder of the Academy.
- Why Should Anyone Follow You? – “Why Should Anyone Follow You?” is a critical question for all leaders to think about and answer. In this session you will spend some time exploring what you offer that would make people want to follow you. This session is highly interactive and will leave you feeling empowered about your ability to lead.
- Leading Based on Strengths – During “Leading Based on Your Strengths” you will have the opportunity to work on your own personal action plan under the direction of one of our Gallup Certified Strengths coaches. The coach will take you on a deeper journey into understanding your strengths and explore strategies that will help you optimize your strengths to the fullest. It is not enough to just know your strengths…you need to be completely fluent in applying them productively and be aware of how and when you might be using them in ways that are counter-productive to your leadership goals. This keynote will inspire you to be the best leader you can be by starting right here, with who you already are.
- Breakout Group A: Feedback From Your Team and Personal Action Planning – During this small group breakout, you will have an opportunity to review feedback that was gathered from your peer group. You will learn how to effectively interpret the feedback, identify key actions to leverage your strengths and grow your opportunities.
- Breakout Group B: Millenials – Millennials are playing a key role in today’s workforce. What do they demand from a leader? In this small group breakout, you will explore that question as well as discuss ways to motivate and engage this generation.
- Panel Discussion – Learn from proven leaders. Bryan will facilitate an interactive panel conversation with leaders who have proven results engaging and leading their employees to great results. Learn how they create that culture.
Day 2: Leading Teams
Friday, Nov 10, 2017 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Your Leadership Mission Statement – “Your Leadership Mission Statement” is an amazing opportunity to have Bryan facilitate you through the process of creating your leadership mission statement.
- 7.5 Keys to Sustained Exceptional Service on Your Team – There are 7.5 keys to sustained exceptional service on your team. This session will let you explore the daily leadership habits and proven tactics to sustain service excellence on your team.
- The Power of Feedback – The Power of Feedback is an interactive group session led by Bryan. He will work with the group to explore the role of feedback for leaders. What happens to high performer morale when you don’t give feedback? What happens to your customers? What are the ramifications to your role as a leader?
- Breakout Group A: A Letter to Yourself – As you wrap up your time at the BWLA, you will have time to write a letter to yourself to reflect on your journey and how you will keep it going. How often do you leave a conference and wish the energy created during your time there would continue? Your letter to yourself will help remind you of your journey and all that you gained at the academy.
- Breakout Group B: Your Action Plan – The BWLA journey has led you to this point where you can build a relevant and achievable action plan to keep your growth and “be the leader you are meant to be.”